Search This Blog

Monday 1 October 2012

Marvel NOW! Deadpool plus the return of Cabra Cini

[UPDATED 10/26/12:]

There's currently a lot of new activity around Marvel NOW!'s forthcoming Deadpool relaunch--written by Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan and illustrated by The Walking Dead's Tony Moore; the Deadpool #4 cover & Variant cover have now been released and you can check those out, along with the rest of the so-far-released Marvel NOW! Deadpool covers, here!:


Deadpool can also be found, making with his pop-culture-referencing humor, on other Marvel NOW! covers. As well as the 'Call Me Maybe' Uncanny Avengers one...


...there's also now this All-New X-Men one, which comes in Deadpool-in-color and b&w versions...


...riffing on the photo of Olympic gymnast favorite McKayla Maroney's facial expression when she took Silver.


Getting back to Posehn & Duggan's interview, the writers also say they're planning to stay on the book for the forseeable future, which works for me, as I'm looking forward to what they're going to bring and, having written my Deadpool pitch, though I'm glad to have it in the bag, names as big as Posehn and Moore being put on the relaunch made me realize I need to get more stuff out there and raise my profile if I'm to be considered for the writing slot after they leave (which is what I'm gunning for!).

I've got plenty of stuff in the works, but coming next is the return of Cabra Cini: Voodoo Junkie Hitwoman in the IF-X Halloween issue...

No longer willing to let her boyfriend/pimp treat her like dirt, Cabra Cini got lethal payback with the help of voodoo magik--and liked it. Voodoo became her new addiction and Cabra has cleaned up her act and forged a deadly new vocation…


Cabra's new story sees her attending a Halloween Party unlike any you've ever known, and you can check out a Preview and get it here!

1 comment: